Thursday, February 28, 2013

Our Missionary!

There is nothing quite like having a missionary out in the field. There is a special feeling in your home. You miss them terribly, but you wouldn't want them anywhere else. We feel peace and joy and an extra measure of the spirit. We all try to live better, be kinder, and show more love to each other. I beleive that the Lord watches over His missionaries, but I think he is watching over their families also!
This is Elder LeFevre's Stake Pres. and Bishop on the night he was set apart as a missionary! He received a very beautiful blessing. His Heavenly Father know and loves him.

A delicious steak dinner our last night together before he left.
Taking pictures before we dropped him off at the MTC.

The dreaded MTC drop off. This is the line to pull in!
I had to remind him I needed a hug and his Dad just wasn't quick enough. Off he went without a backward glance. He was so excited to serve. Now we live for e-mails:)
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh this made me lonesome to see our handsome, smiling Cameron. He is such a great young man. I sure miss his great smile. We love his E-Mails also. He has prepared himself so well for his mission. He will be a great servant of our Father in Heaven....And yes, there is a special spirit in your home when you have a loved one serving in the Mission field. Thanks for sharing these great pictures....I will look at them often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a great young man and we love reading his emails! I love missionaries and what a blessing to have so many in our family! I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete