Friday, June 1, 2012
Birthdays!!!!
April showered us with milestone birthdays. We had so much fun celebrating some important birthdays with the people we love. Any excuse to get together for a party, right? Lloyd had his 50th birthday. O my, we are getting old. ;) He didn't want a big deal made so I made up for big party plans with lots of little gifts!
I did surprise him with a quilt that I had been secretly working on up at mom's house. I love surprises!!!
Mom's 80th birthday was great. It even brought a tear to her eye. I really love this lady! I want to grow up to be just like her. Cameron is always saying things like, "Someday you will be as good of a cook as Grandma........."
I couldn't resist a food picture. Especially because I learned a great "Martha, Mary lesson". I missed most of the celebration worrying about food and getting things ready. I wasn't there when mom walked in, I didn't get to visit with all the great people because some had left by the time I settled down and came in. I hope I remember this next time, and I am soooo glad everyone took pictures and posted them so I could enjoy seeing mom enjoy her evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shera Lyn you look so young and simply beautiful.....You look too young to be a gramdma.....But I am so excited to see you get to be one. You wil lbe one sweet, good grandmother. Hope you are feeling better each day. Please keep me posted......Love you sooo miuch ...Mom....
ReplyDeleteThat Martha Mary thing is such a real deal and a hard one to balance. So happy you got some of these great pictures. So happy for all the exciting B-days! And so so happy for you to become a grandma. I agree with mom, you look way too young, but I know you are looking forward to the title with all of your heart and soul! Love ya
ReplyDeleteWait wait what?!??! I am so behind! Who is pregnant? Oh dear I need to go check everyone's blogs. :)
ReplyDeleteI also was so glad everyone posted pics of gram's birthday because I missed it! I'm sure all your hard work on the preparation and hosting was much appreciated. I heard it was a great event.
And I just have to mention how thrilled Lloyd looked to be 50. Hehe.