Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day!

Today is Father's Day and I have just been sitting here thinking about the many great men who have influenced my life. My Dad is my best friend. I loved going to the farm and on the range with him. I love how he let me tag along when I know sometimes it would have been easier without me. I learned some great principles of hard work and dedication while I was working on the farm. My love of animals and caring for them stems from those fun days together. I also had the kind of relationship with my Dad that I could talk to him about anything. His advice and example helped me to gain my own testimony and learn how to be a grown-up and handle lives tough situations. His example to my own family now is priceless and each of my children love and respect their grandpa.
I am also grateful for my Father-in-law. I miss him! He always made me feel loved and accepted, a part of my new family. I am so glad for his example to my husband and the lessons he taught him so that he could be the great father he is to our children.
And last but certainly not least :) I feel so blessed for the love of my life and father to our children. I couldn't have found anyone more perfect for me. He is the best husband and father and I am so thankful for the way he leads our little family. As they are leaving our home one by one I feel confident in the example their Dad has set for them on how to live a happy and productive life.
I love all these men! Aren't we lucky to have Dads!






2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! Thank heavens for the fathers in our lives. Dad will love reading this and he really loved having the cattle drive yesterday with everyone. He has had a very good weekend. I loved your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SheraLyn for this great post!!! You have always had a special relationship with your sweet Dad. He truly is the best and has been so devoted to our family and our Heavenly Father. We are so blessed to have him. Loved you tribute to Lloyd and Grand[a LeFevre. You have been blessed. Hope to see you soon . We love you so very much.....Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete