Today we visited the homesite of Joseph and Emma where he began the translation of the Book of Mormon, the place where the Aaronic Priesthood was restored, Palmyra, the Sacred Grove, the Hill Cumorah, and Joseph Smith's family farm. If I had to pick a favorite day I think this would be mine. We got to spend over and hour in the Sacred Grove. I felt the spirit so strong. It was amazing to sit in the place where Joseph was visited by God the Father and his son Jesus Christ at the young age of 14. What an incredible young man. I love the Book of Mormon and it was wonderful to be in so many places that were important to its coming forth.
I would love to visit in the fall!
This is the Susquehanna River. I loved all the trees and rolling hills.
Peter Whitmer home.
The Palmyra Temple
The Smith Frame house
The room where Moroni appeared to Joseph
Smith log home
The Sacred Grove
Grandin press - where the Book of Mormon was first published.
The Hill Cumorah was our last stop of the day, What a great way to end a busy day. Lloyd wanted to wander around and see if we could find where the plates were buried :)




















Oh how I love these places and when we lived in Rochester we took great advantage of all those amazing places! What great memories, and so glad you got to be there and feel the spiit that is there. Certainly hollowed ground for sure!! So fun to see your pictures and see all that you did!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great experience....You have some good pictures to remember your trip by. So happy you got to go. Thanks for sharing...
ReplyDeleteI've got to go on a trip like that someday! I love those kinds of things!!
ReplyDelete