Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I miss my Dad!

My dad passed away on August 9th. I haven't felt like I could put into words my feelings and so I have put off writing this post. I thought with time my emotions wouldn't feel so raw and tender. But as time has passed I realized that a little part of me is missing for a time and I will feel lonesome until we meet again. I still don't think I can put into words my feelings. But I feel like I need to pay tribute to one of my greatest Hero's, my earthly father.
Thank you dad for making me feel special, for loving my mother, for letting me tag along at the farm and on the range. Thanks for honoring your priesthood and always being worthy to use it, for being able to leave this earth life with no regrets, for tender words of council, and gentle forms of rebuke. Thanks for helping me mold my character, for guiding me as I gained my testimony, for being a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, a hand to hold and a righteous example to follow. Thanks for the sweet, tender moments we were all able to share our last while together before you left. I love you!
 I am so thankful for my knowledge that we will be together again. The gospel brings me peace and joy!
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that was perfect and yes it is hard with so few words to describe our dad! I loved this tribute and I love dad. I miss him and still expect to hear his big deep voice when I call mom. I still have his cell phone number programed into my phone and when I call it accidentally by habit, it makes me so sad that he is not on the other line. What an incredible man, father and husband he was and still is. I pray that he will be with us every night and I know it is why our missionaries are feeling so happy and peaceful on their missions. Love ya sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes. I have been lonesome for him too! I'm so glad we lived close so he could be a big part of my life growing up. I'm so grateful for the knowledge we have that we're an eternal family! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this special trubute to an incredible eternal companion,Father.and grendfather. We were so blessed to share our lives here on earth with such a choice and chosen son of our Heavenly Father. There are no words to express how much I miss him....I feel like the best part of me is gone.....I do feel his love and concern for all of us and know that He is watching over his loved ones here on earth....Hope we can all live so that we can be with him when we return Home.....

    ReplyDelete