
We live just an hour from Zion National Park! We never get tired of exploring, hiking, biking and playing there. I bet we go at least 4 or 5 times each year. There was one hike we had never done, so that has been our goal the last couple of years. It is called observation point and you hike up over 2000 ft from the canyon floor. It is extremely hot in the summer and is usually snow covered in the winter. So when we had a break in January and there hadn't been any big snow storms we headed for Zion. It was a perfect day for our hiking date!

This is one part of the trail. Notice the
Zig-
zagging pattern. That alone can make you dizzy. Four miles up and four miles down. That's quite a feat for a couple of old folks:)
SUch wonderful and beautiful pictures. We miss doing all of that fun stuff with you guys, we sure can't wait until this summer to do some outings :)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures!! Wish we would have been with you. :) I have very cute parents!
ReplyDeleteWOW! These pictures are so beautiful!! I loved looking through them. I miss the beauty of Utah, so it's great to see scenes from home. How blessed you are to live so close to such amazing places! I never knew about that hike, and it's now on my must-do list! Those views are INCREDIBLE! I never thought of hiking Zion in the winter, but it looks beautiful. Thanks for posting these!
ReplyDeleteOk now we have to do observation point! I wonder if Brian has done it. I will ask him tonight! I loved looking at these pictures of one of my favorite places. Brian and I had our first date there and then returned year after year with the kids! Love Zion and love you!
ReplyDeleteShera Lyn these are truly amazing pictures. You are a very cute couple. i am so grateful for your post. It helps me share your wonderful adventures. We do live in an amazing part of this beautiful world. Sometimes we take that special blessing for granted. Love you..... come see us when you can
ReplyDeleteMom....